View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 24, 2022 at 03:35 AM

I don't really now, but I did fairly regularly with an ex from my early 20s. It didn't seem to bother him at all. I have a couple times with my husband, but I tend to feel weird about it and sort of gross, so I tend to avoid it. Or at least not do anything until the last day or two of it, when it's light. So it's more about me than him. I had an ex who wouldn't have sex during that time though.

I do often self-pleasure while on it. I'm often feeling particularly "in the mood" the first day or two of it in general, plus it helps with cramps.

I'm really sorry your H reacted the way he did and that it made you feel ashamed. I know some people are squeamish about blood--is he like that in general? I'm just wondering if maybe it's a blood thing rather than being about you or periods in particular. If it's just that he literally doesn't want to get it on him, rather than the site of it, could he maybe use a condom (if you aren't already using them)? Or could he maybe use your vibrator on you? Or, I don't know, put on a latex glove and touch you?

I hope your therapist help you through this. But please know it is normal--it just comes down to personal preference both for the woman and their partner.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel