View Single Post
smileygal

Member Since May 2017
5 hugs
given
Default Aug 24, 2022 at 10:48 AM

Just came across this thread accidentally when looking for another. Know it is an old thread but I find this is so interesting. I do think this type of 'moment to moment mindfulness' could be so helpful in therapy and could really see how working on this would help in everyday relationships. e.g the other day I had friends over. I was enjoying myself but at some point I withdrew. I only realised because my husband mentioned afterwards that I seemed to be having fun at the start but then because quieter and more distant...

I imagine lots of therapists utilize this approach and would love to explore it more myself with my therapist. I do think it might have to be therapist led though. I myself don't always notice when I pull away until a few minutes after or even once the session is done. Sometimes my therapist will say 'Where were you?' I have always been confused by this as I go to my thinking mind and try to think about what I was thinking....maybe I need to start looking at what I am feeling in those moments.

Has anyone done this type of work in their therapy and found it very helpful? I also imagine it requires the therapist to have a great level of self-awareness and interception (which they should do already IMO)
smileygal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Brown Owl 2, downandlonely, LonesomeTonight