View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers
*Beth* is practicing healthy breathing for brain, mind, body, spirit.

3 yr Member
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 28, 2022 at 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
I am with Beth in that a rash over, my gosh, 1/4-1/3 of your body !!! means a flat out NO. The source of this terrible allergy needs to stop.

In terms of the periods, I am of the opposite opinion to Beth's IFF the source is Kyleena and I do not know if Kyleena can make periods stop. I am on Mirena, which is bigger than Kyleena, and Mirena is known to make periods stop in 20% of women and mine stopped: have been on Mirena since 2004 (several IUDs have been swapped since the first was inserted in 2004), have never had any gynecological problem, am 51 now. Note that I had not had any gyno problems before Mirena, so it is not that I was prescribed Mirena to treat them–I simply got it for contraception. Many women get prescribed it for gyno problems and it actually is associated with a decreased risk of endometrial cancer and a decreased risk of a few other baddies. Hormonal IUD (Mirena) - Mayo Clinic. In your case, since hyperprolactinemia from Invega and possibly the IUD both can contribute, the only way to figure out what contributes to no periods is to stop the Invega and try another AP, which would have the benefit of removing the source of the allergic reaction.

In general, I think that Invega is justified when other APs do not work, but one should try other APs to exhaust the options.

But periods are not just about fertility. Not having normal periods for up to 7 years? That's asking for trouble, and I believe that sooner or later the medical field will say Whoops. These methods simply have not been around long enough to follow women from teen years through menopause and on into post-menopause. And to tell women that they will be normally fertile after not having had periods for such a long time...I call BS. And again, yet again, contraception is about the woman's body. And about pharmaceutical companies making big $$$$$ off of contraception for women. When will the time come for men to put their bodies into it?

I apologize for hijacking this important thread. I have very strong beliefs about causing women not to have periods. It has disturbed me when psych meds used to alter my periods (I am post-menopausal at this point).

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote