View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Aug 28, 2022 at 05:28 PM

I agree with what WovenGalaxy & Fuzzy Bear said. I’m sorry to hear about what you & everyone else on here have been through.

I was bullied since 6th grade up until Jr. High & a little bit in h.s. Then I was bullied a few times at college & at work all the wat into my 40’s, ugh!

One of my problems is that I’m shy, introverted, and I had no one to stick up for me, even when I had ‘friends’. One time in Jr. High this mean girl & her friends stiod behind me when I was with my large ‘friend’ group.

She said: ‘See, she just stands there & says nothing, she never talks, ugh!’. So the statement about nice people being seen as people who won’t stick up for themselves is true.

If someone did that to me today, I’d tell them off, lol. I stull struggle to stand up to so called friends to thus day at times since I’m afraid of loosing the few friends that I have even though they kind of suck at times.

By suck, they sometimes interrupt me, ignore me, rarely initiate plans, never ask how I am, etc..

Only one of them treats me respectfully usually. You need to let people know that it’s not OK to disrespect you. I think that a lot of bullies target people with no friends or ‘friends’ who won’t stuck up for other people.

People who surround themselves with a group who looks out for each other never seem to have a problem with bullies.

Bullies prey on people who are vulnerable, different, or weak in some way. It’s best to not show any ‘weakness’ in front of bullies.

My narc dad, my psycho sister & my histrionic mom all bullied me. My dad bullied them & myself & then they bullied me. There was no escape from my personal hell back then.

Even my husband bullied me when I was younger. I finally fought back & he stopped. He tries to still bully me at times, but I don’t let him get away with it anymore.

I’m ditching my so called ‘friends’ once I can find better ones. I’ve done it before & I’ll do it again. I now will confront people, especially men who bully me. I speak up when I’m mistreated at the store, etc.

I now ignore cyber bullies as they want a reaction. They think it’s funny to see you upset. Ignore them. Block them. I had to learn that the hard way. They can only feel ‘powerful’ & good about themselves when they can make you feel inferior to them.

I ignore my parents & my sister now & they finally left me alone! Especially my dad.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely