Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 28, 2022 at 06:00 PM

Hi @jesyka - I am sorry you have challenges with memory. I find myself doing many of the reminders you mention.

I think one thing to think about is what are some of the possible factors that cause memory challenges. For me I have had a much worse memory when I was depressed and I have read that depression diminishes ability to remember.

I have also read that sugar, intoxicants and high carb diets can increase brain fog which is a precursor to memory issues. I have experienced how things are worse with me when I use those.

So I do not know if it is normal but I keep trying to do work arounds like have a system where things are stored. It sounds very organized and it does require discipline but if I always put my keys in a pocket then they are always there. My daughter uses a different strategy where she buys device to attach to keys and then calls the device when she cannot find her keys and it plays a song. Of course if you misplace keys and phone, that is not a help

I think for me, I will stick to trying to find ways to cope with how challenging things can be for me.

All the best to you @CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, jesyka, Masks2many, MuseumGhost, unaluna