View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
142 hugs
given
Default Aug 31, 2022 at 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseumGhost View Post
Something I frequently remind people of is the fact that YOU are the only one who can protect yourself physically and psychologically from a person who is somehow a threat to one or the other. Please try and remember, what you are undertaking is a sign of great strength and level-headedness on your part. It sounds like you have accommodated him for long enough. It is time to really take care of yourself, and put yourself first.
This so resonates right now. I am truly impressed with myself because I no longer care and am so tired of stating what I have been bringing up for years - which fell on deaf ears. Interestingly, tonight he was the one who came upstairs who wanted to clear some air. Now he doesn't want to be the bad guy - pretending to be the ambassador of good faith. I no longer want to live with someone who has blatantly disrespected me for years. Why now? Why couldn't he have addressed the issues in a timely manner? Now that the divorce filing in imminent? I feel as though I gave this way too many chances and that is takes 2 to tango. But again, now he wants to bring things up. Inside, I'm thinking "whatever." If it mattered to him back then, he would have done something about it. Not wait until now - and now is too late.

Today I spoke with the second lawyer. Most likely, the paperwork will be filed next week.

I think the one thing that bothers me the most is how society views people who are divorced twice. I had a good friend (didn't keep in touch) whose first and second wives used him. Great guy - but had terrible luck. My situations are not like his. I was also thinking about another guy I used to work with who I knew for decades - he too was divorced twice. Both were/are good men.

But the judgement... oh... no... Today, when I was driving back home, I thought about seeking professional help to assist with this.
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes