Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 01, 2022 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Hi, I’m wondering if it’s allowed if someone has their account suspended for breaking community guidelines for that person to simply open a new account and post from it?
As far as I know the answer is no. suspending on forums happen through blocking someones IP address. they would have to have access to a different internet service provider, different computer, different cell phone than what they used here so that the IP addresses that have already been used to log in here wouldnt be locked out.

Suspending is different than banning. suspending comes with a deadline. when a person is suspended here they get a notification stating they are being suspended and why and for how long, and what the process is to get back in .....after.... the suspending time is over.

I dont see someone going out and buying a new cell phone or new computer for the new never used here IP address, just because they have been "suspended" for three days or a week or a month. it would be easier and less expensive and less stressful to just wait out the suspending and then following the process to unsuspend the account after the suspending is over.

Thanks for this!
nonightowl