View Single Post
Aurelius710
Elder

Member Since Oct 2015
1,680 hugs
given
Default Sep 01, 2022 at 10:03 PM

Today was a day of rude people. I wasn't on the floor 30 seconds before I had a woman thinking if she commanded me to fix her phone, it would be done to her liking. Long story short, it was an unforced error on her part, that she'll naturally never ever admit to and she came that close to causing a scene.

The next one did cause a scene. He was dealing with a company that I have no incentive to work with and if I'm honest, one that I compete with. I took him on to stop him being rude and abusive to the other rep. In an "amazing" comedy of errors, I finish the task, move to put in the SIM card (that would soon have his phone number and phone service) into his phone... and promptly dropped it into a crevice that would require me taking apart a display to get to. Every step I took going forward was stonewalled which inflated the time I spent with him (which was supposed to be in service of making him go away) to nearly three hours. Oh, and he was still a rude SOB to everyone around him, but I couldn't exactly tell him to buzz off because of how screwed up the situation became. I mean, leaving him mid-issue would have cost much more that what it already cost. Which was $75. On a phone I had no business working with. That I took over as a good deed.

I did sell five phones today, which is about normal for me, and my new phone (work app login issues aside) served me well.

On my way home, my parents called to offer me dinner. On the one hand, free food! But on the other, my dad (who cooked it) has been more unreservedly generous in the two weeks since I've found employment than he was the past six months. I heard how much I was a burden to him when I didn't have a job, and now that I do, he's practically throwing stuff at me (mainly food, but other practicals as well).

I really hope my second good deed in a week doesn't come back to bite me. Well, snack, meds, bit of web surfing here, and bed.

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear (Dune)
Aurelius710 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous 42424, buddha1too, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Sunflower123