View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 02, 2022 at 11:11 AM

Next up, Mr. Hyper Achiever (H.A). Steep fall off in the score, though you wouldn't believe that from my posts on the Measly Steps a Day thread.

Found a series on Mental Fitness by trained MF / PI (Positive Intelligence) coaches.

Traps
If I can't be my best, I'd rather not do it.
Need to be perfect i all my roles.
Avoid getting connected with feelings.
Moving the goal lines.

Questions
Where does this drive coming from?
Am I happy now?

Sources: conditional love set-ups from adults when a child. Need for tangible, externally visible. Rewarded and soaking up the validation. Do it all messages. Reactions to dysfunctional contexts and creating the appearance of success.

Lies HA tells: a. life is about achieving and producing results. BUT Peace and happiness too are ways of achieving. b. Show an image of success. BUT, to whom? Better to thyself. c. Feelings might stop my success. BUT, take a breath, "I understand you" and let's take a moment to FEEL what's happening inside.

Restless pattern a partner with HA. Pleaser, gender.

Counter moves. A. Deep breathing and empathize with self. B. Writing down your feelings, many times a day. C. Do one thing a day you really like at heart. D. When harsh on self, how would you deal with this if I were a child. E. Explore with open mind what might be contributing to HA. F. Flash forward to older, maturer self and ask from that perspective what future self would like you to do right now. G. have a little fun.

###

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote