Revu2
Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 03, 2022 at 11:38 AM

Inner shift right now. Not many "goals" so the daily measly steps serve to keep matters moving. Stuff like pay the bills, take the garbage out. Chop wood, carry water.

The risk here is there are endless streams of ideas and offers and I must keep that at bay. Plus, as it seems we're 5 times more attuned to the negative, as Mark Twain quipped, bad news can travel around the world before good news has his shoes on, I have to dull and turn off that Inner Debater that argues with the headlines, doubts the reporting, know about alternatives not mentioned, and so on. I catch it around 15 or 20 seconds now and I guess I have a goal of getting that down to zero. This would mean all that rattling chatter would just flow past me.

This Inner Debater is connected to my Controller Saboteur who can go and and on and on when up on the Soap Box. The Outer Debater, as it were. Right now I can run on nearly a minutes before my alarms set off. Want to draw that back, too, to say, a sentence. Or 2 words, "No comment." ###

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote