Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 04, 2022 at 01:10 PM

podcast

As condo pres. this is one I hate to invoke. I really don't like being the Resident Parent to ... everyone, even other supposedly adult/responsible owners.

Stickler: High ideals, standards, principles, discerning, direct.

Irritable, critical, sarcastic, strong need for self-restraint, sensitive to criticism, works over-time to deal with slack from others.

Shows up: stressed, anxious, & working hard and can't stop even if exhausted. Writer's block.

Also: "Don't try!" Messages for doing first time things perfectly; adds stress. Always, one more thing to do before something is ready! (i have that).

Lies: Better feeling if things done properly. FALSE. Have to do X right or not bother at all. FALSE. Remedy: query hidden standards.

Set unachievable standards. FALSE. Remedy: ask what would a more achievable goals look like. More Advanced Yet Acceptable. MAYA.

Costs. Insecurity, self-doubts, stress, avoiding the new. Relational: frustrated and overbearing. Overchecking to make sure something is right: delays, fatigue.

PQ Rip: Tool in PI to quiet down the survival brain. Creates a sense of calm or pause. Calm the Survival Brain, use calm anchor, breathe, carry on. Sage into the Emphasize Sage Power: what is the most loving thing I can say or do for myself right now.

18:00 Questions back to The Stickler:
What if I enjoy it?
What is available to me if I didn't have to pretend I was perfect?

Connects to explore power and curiosity. Ready to innovate.

Use the 20/80 rule to silence the stickler on the 80% side. Save the 20% of when you're really need it.

Sue Das co-host site. ###

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote