Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Sep 04, 2022 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceKate View Post
I am sorry about your father. He should not have done that. Still, somehow I hope both you and he are well, and I hope the boundaries are clearly drawn now and you have as much distance from him as you need.

Yes, I guess I feel bad about myself because of those fantasies, and not those alone. They make me feel inadequate. I wonder how I can ever enter a healthy relationship when I am most easily turned on by a power struggle.
Thank you. Thank you very much. It is not all well between me and my father, but somehow this thread gave me the idea of seeking forums specifically for victims of this and seeking advice from them on how to heal and how to move forward in terms of family dynamics. Currently I have maximum distance from my father, but the thing is, I realize that he might die and what I want the most is to be heard. If he could understand that I want to be heard and afterwards we can have a relationship, he can receive care from me in his old age. But I do not want to highjack your thread... thank you.

The main question for you, I think, is: do you get turned on ONLY by power struggle?
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote