Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,973 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Sep 06, 2022 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Beth* View Post
AT&T is disgusting. I have nothing but problems with them.

Operators! @nonightowl I sure miss operators - and of course, the time lady. I love hearing the Pink Floyd song with the operator talking.
AT&T = American Thieves and Thugs, LOL. I heard that on an episode of All in the Family, spoken by Archie! He said that when he got their bill.

I hear nothing but bad stuff on all the communications companies.

I used to call the Time Lady when I was little because I thought she was a real person! When she said good morning, I said good morning. I asked her does she get tired and I just heard "At the tone...." I actually thought she was on the phone 24 hours and was lonely!

After the time change (both times), that line would be jammed. Or else I got a busy signal. So many people trying to find out what time it is.

I love Pink Floyd! What song are you referring to with the operator? I like this song by ELO "Telephone Line" also. And I think Jim Croce had a song called "Operator". I probably heard the PF song but didn't know the name of it.

I never need to call directory assistance but am sure it's all automated unless you request a human. And they probably don't have many answering the phones now so you'd be on hold a long time. We are losing the human touch in so many things.

That's what I miss the most: Human contact. Even before COVID, things were more and more automated. "Go visit our site, like us on Yelp, send us an email, book your appointment online, see your doctor on a televisit, download our banking app, (I'd rather see a teller in person) etc.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Travelinglady