View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Sep 06, 2022 at 03:16 PM

HI, R.

I read with interest about your Inner debater and Controller Saboteur. I guess we all have some version of that, and mine have been working overtime. To overcome them and not feel like @#$%! all the time, I've been meditating, and I've been trying to change the voices in my brain from negative to positive. According to a friend of mine (psychologist) We can change the voices by recognizing them, and replacing them with positive suggestions. I think this is interesting. Many years ago, i did therapy and back then the big thing was to recognize and express your negative feelings. This probably a good thing, if you then let go of them, but I seemed to keep acknowledging them, and giving them way too much power. So now I'm trying hold more i dialogue in my head. It seems to be helping, although I still get caught up in negative thoughts way too often.

It somewhere between 100 degrees and 106 depending on which weather site you look at. I'm going to Sizzlers for lunch and take advantage of their AC.

Good wishes to you.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote