View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2022 at 04:34 PM

B-R, please don't be so hard on yourself. And, I would try to find a subject that you like, not what others like. I had a similar problem doing medical school after becoming ill. My parents wanted me to continue, but I did not. I graduated but my mind and heart were not into it. Also, I was one of the worst students. I hated every moment I was doing medical work. I am now doing class work again after being out of school for decades. I actually enjoy it now. And, I'm studying classes that are interesting to me. Math is difficult for some. I actually don't like math that much either but am finding calculations easier now due to computers. I highly suggest that you take a break from your classes for now. Once, you find something interesting, then take some classes in that subject.

I never received disability but know it does help for some. I am disabled too but can manage to hold down a menial job. If you can't focus on tasks, then I would not work. Receiving disability income is a long process. Here in the USA, some get rejected initially many times before receiving it.

If you can take some time off and just contemplate about what you would like to do, then just do this. For me, an education is not about getting a job per se but about developing a perspective on life itself. You probably can get a job now without an education. But, the main objective is to find out what you want out of life and what you want to do. Jobs come and go. Well, it did for me. I never really had a career. I just wanted to survive initially but now want to pursue my interests.

If you need to find a field to study, then why don't you first do your General Education classes first then get an overall idea of what is out there. May be, you will find something you can excel at doing.

I say, please don't despair. Time is on your side. You are young still and have your whole life ahead of you.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote