Magnate

bpforever1 has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2022 at 04:54 PM

B-R,
Olanzapine is a great medication but causes much weight gain. What you can do is change what you eat, if possible. I used to be in a similar boat and was only eating fast food for awhile and gained over 100 pounds, then I stopped eating it and changed to salads and low fat meats, such as chicken and fish. I am still chubby but am nowhere near obese. I also don't exercise as much after losing weght but sleep alot now.

Stress can be reduced by doing things you like. Sleeping, cooking, listening to music, talking to others, etc are things I like doing. How about you?

I had alot of stress throughout my life but as I aged, I came to the conclusion that poo happens no matter what so how you respond is how you will feel. I try not to let petty things bother me anymore. I also have tried to decrease what stresses me by avoiding such situations or people. Finally, I would find a good medication that helps you remain stable. For me, shots are doing the job.

I was off my meds for awhile, and my stress levels rocketed into the roof. I got in trouble with the police and now have to rectify it. I am glad I did not get killed. Long story short is that I'm a mess off my medication. So, please continue taking your medication and if it is not working, keep working with your doctor to find one that works for you.

Sleep helps alot for me. So, when you feel really stressed, take a nap for awhile. I highly suggest it. Eating right helps too. Like you said, a good diet costs money. So, I suggest eating less if possible junk food. Drink lots of fluid, not sodas. I drink lots of milk and occasionally coffee.

If olanzapine is killing you physically, then ask your doctor if you can take less of it and supplement it with something else. I am on the shot and gained some weight on it but not that much. I am on maintena of abilify- the highest dose. It works for me but the problem I have is non-compliance when I become too stressed. So, the shots are the best.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote