View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2022 at 10:23 PM

Since mid-July I have been sick. At first, I felt like I had just a slightly upset stomach. That went on to become queasiness, which progressed to full-blown, almost constant nausea. Throughout July and part of August I also had a bad headache that never went away. The headache finally did stop in mid-August. Then I couldn't eat without having to head for the toilet. I was cutting down the foods I was eating more and more, but it didn't matter what I ate or drank (except water). My stomach was a wreck. About 2 weeks ago I began to have body aches. My legs, arms, hands. At the same time I began throwing up. I also felt very fatigued.

I thought I had picked up a virus, but because it had been going on so long I started thinking that maybe I had covid - although I didn't have any respiratory symptoms and no fever. I took a covid test, which was negative.

I was feeling awful. Really sick. I figured maybe I had developed an ulcer but that didn't really account for the body aches, although I will often get achiness when I don't feel well in general, or if I don't sleep enough.

Then I had a blessing of an insight. In July my PA had prescribed Luvox (fluvoximine), an SSRI, but apparently it is an unusual SSRI in some way or another. Last night I cut the Luvox in half (50mg.). Today, for the first time in months, I have not had any stomach problems. My legs are still somewhat achy, but moving around, stretching, and roller skating will help the achiness. I've not been able to move around very much due to the feeling that I had the flu. Also, I am still taking 50mg. of that horrible drug, which I will be reducing as quickly as I can without causing a bad withdrawal.

I feel remarkably better; I am sure that the Luvox was causing me to be "sick."

Does anyone else here have experience with Luvox?

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul