catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2022 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseumGhost View Post
Yes! It's in terribly poor taste to discuss political agendas, or to try and use this point in time to grandstand regarding one's latest "urgent cause".

I knew a lot of people would disregard this principle and carry on like fools, anyway. But they really make themselves look completely uncouth, insensitive, and hypocritical by doing so.

I would naturally like to see Charles do well. I don't personally care much for him...he's done so many downright misguided things. But then he's also done surprisingly well with his causes, and in carrying on raising those two young men.

I know very well what monarchy means to so many people here in Canada. It provides comfort, support, and continuity to many many people. I would hate to see it abandoned prematurely.

It has taken me a long, long time to warm up to Charles. I do believe he's a very sensitive, thoughtful man - thoughtful about life in general, I mean. The "big questions." I recognize that he and Camilla have been - are - deeply in love, and that his marriage with Princess Diana was an example of the last bit of the mind-set of "old world" monarchy. I so admired the Queen for adapting and changing after Princess Diana's death.

Despite their obvious adoration of each other I've had, maybe still do a bit have, a difficult time with what Camilla did to Diana. But then, I absolutely adored Diana. And we were married at roughly the same time - both of us quite naive and to much older men. She and I were pregnant, both times, at almost the same ages. I just identified so strongly with her and with how she was treated by her husband's "people."

But then, Camilla has more than proven her ability to "be a royal." And so has Charles. He's truly come a long, long way from being a lost boy to being a dignified man, and hopefully, a highly respected King. And as you point out MG, Charles did a heroic job with raising his sons.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, TheGal