View Single Post
ItsForMe

Member Since Sep 2022
16 hugs
given
Default Sep 21, 2022 at 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiNCorn View Post
Firstly, I am sorry that you are going through this tough phase in life. I am also currently going through the same so, just some suggestions from my experience & what I am doing to deal with it right now:
Immediate Actions:
1. Work/Distraction: I was at a point where I felt like I should take a break from work because I wouldn't be able to handle the stress at work in addition to the stress on personal front. But my friends & family suggested I continue working. I did that & I realize that suggestion was bang on, It provided me a distraction for at least 8-9 hours a day, which I would have otherwise probably spent crying. It also did not bring me to a phase where I woke up in the morning looking for a purpose/reason to get up. I had to get up & start working.
2. Routine: I developed a routine for myself by incorporating at least 1 hour of exercise & working towards better fitness which had been my goal for a long time. As a part of the routing, I also started focusing on eating healthy, Sure enough, I started seeing results on the weighing scale & measuring tape. It gave me some sense of pride & achievement, which is a so valuable at a time like this.
Mid-term actions:
3. Pursue hobbies/interests: I have recently started feeling like I am accepting this huge change in my life a lot better than I was a couple of months ago. With that I decided to start pursuing hobbies & interests that I had lost over the last few years. Without a spouse on the picture, I realized I had a lot of free time on hand. So I decided to restart my vocals/singing training.
4. Doing things that make you happy, even if there is no reason to do them: I love make up, skin care etc. I love trying on different make up looks, nail looks. I started doing more of this, even if I had nowhere to go. Just doing something that I like doing without any agenda except to make myself happy... That gave me more pleasure than I imagined it would.

These are the things that I have done over the last 3-4 months. This is a journey & I might have some new suggestions a few months down the line as I walk this path... I will be sure to share an update whenever that happens.

Sending all the love & prayers your way to deal with this.

Love,
SushiNCorn
I agree with all of this.

I just joined myself. This community is great and will help however they can. I went through a divorce just recently and now I feel like I am on the upswing of things. If you would like to talk you can message me as well. Here's what I ask myself a lot:

Is there something I can do about this?

Yes?: Then do it, find a way to resolve some problems to make this blow easier to take. Stay preoccupied, find a group, a hobby, do a new routine.

No?: Sadly, you will just have to go through the pain.. we all do... But don't sit in it and wallow in it for too long. Take the time you need to grieve the death of your divorce in your own (healthy) way. Make sure you have someone or people to talk to during this time so you don't beat yourself up over it.

We will be here as best we can. Welcome.
ItsForMe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, SushiNCorn

Thanks for this!
sadmanagain, SushiNCorn