View Single Post
DoroMona

Member Since Feb 2018
44 hugs
given
Default Sep 21, 2022 at 10:10 AM

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You're recently separated and your friends/family all happen to be busy, so you can really learn to enjoy being alone again. If your friends were more available, you might end up just relying on them for companionship/solace and telling the same story over and over again. Maybe this will force you to move forward more quickly.

Why don't you think back on all the things since you were a kid that you enjoyed doing that perhaps fell to the wayside due to "adult life." Did you enjoy reading? Writing? Drawing? Music? A language to learn? You could make a list. Perhaps this is the right time to pick one of them back up and immerse yourself in it. And there are sooooo many online resources for learning things nowadays compared to before. For instance, I always wanted to learn calligraphy since high school, but the barrier to entry was too high--but now, there are so many great online tutorials and resources to make it accessible. There are websites like edx and udemy, or like The Postman's Knock (where I learn calligraphy), and also group activity websites like Meetup where I do language learning. And another advantage is that you can meet new people that way. I treasure the friends I've had for a long time, but new friends can be a breath of fresh air when you're needing a change or are trying to move your life to a new phase.

Maybe this way, instead of dreading another lonely weekend, you can start anticipating them because you're planning on doing something that truly excites you. I personally treat my alone time as something extremely precious.
DoroMona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SushiNCorn

Thanks for this!
moodyblue83, SushiNCorn