View Single Post
SushiNCorn

Member Since Sep 2022
30 hugs
given
Lightbulb Sep 21, 2022 at 10:36 AM

There were some extremely hurtful words that my ex-husband said to me when we were having problems (and I was suggesting marriage counselling to try and solve the problems).
But my ex said he did not believe in counselling and did not want to do it.
In one of these conversations, there were two things he said which completely broke me.
1. "I never loved you as much as I loved my Ex"
2. "We got married for the wrong reason, I was on the rebound"
And this after 10 years of marriage.

These two statements completely destroyed me & make me cry even today after more than 6 months.
Up until this point, I was ready to do anything to try and save the marriage. But in the moment I heard these two statements (within a span of 2 minutes), I felt everything changing.
Suddenly I felt like I was looking at a stranger. To hold these kinds of feelings in your heart for 10 years, while pretending to love the other person... That was not the man I had married... or at least that was not the man I thought I married.
We had our 10th anniversary less than 20 days before all of this happened. He surprised me with a gift on our anniversary. Everything was fine... he was showing me love, concern. And then 20 days later, I hear a completely different story.
In that moment, I felt like I had lost all the trust I had in him and our relationship. By comparing me to his ex 10 years later and saying we got married for the wrong reason... it was like somebody made a joke out of 10 years of my life, 10 prime years of my life.
I even considered that maybe he said these things in the heat of the moment. But to say such hurtful things without considering how utterly crushing those would be for the other person... especially a person you spent the last 10-12 years of your life with... I didn't think he was the kind of person to say such hurtful things and not even once be apologetic or at least concerned. It was like I was with a stranger for the last 12 years (10 of which, we were married).
This was the breaking point for me I think. In that moment I knew this was not worth fighting over...
And today, here I am... in the process of getting a divorce.

Anyways, at the end of this post I want to leave anyone reading this, with one question:
Words can hurt or heal. What did yours do today?

Remember to ask yourself this question everyday & remember to be kind.

Love,
SushiNCorn
SushiNCorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, sadmanagain