Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Blue_Bird is ready for recovery!

10 yr Member
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2022 at 03:54 PM

I have a lot more self awareness/insight than I used to. It used to be when I got paranoid I had zero insight and was 100% certain of my beliefs, no therapist or anyone could convince me otherwise, now I am aware that occasionally some of my beliefs are odd, and paranoid. Which is good, because I'm able to challenge them and recognize that they're not right even if I mostly feel like they are. Also, I have more self awareness in terms of like knowing what causes my anxiety, panic attacks and my eating disorder symptoms etc. Like when my therapist asked me why i thought I started bingeing again, I said it helped my anxiety and made me feel comfort. Which is true. Obviously it doesn't help long term but I have insight into it now. Normally when people would ask me why I'm anxious, why I'm having trouble with my eating disorder, etc my answer is I don't know. Also I went through a phase of not eating enough before that which tends to alwayas at some point backfire into a week long binge sometimes longer.

Anyways I had a good appointment, she said it's good I've gone a year withouth purging. Which is great, because normally when I binge I end up purging but I've managed to completely stop that behaviour finally, permanently it seems.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Atypical_Disaster, Sometimes psychotic, unsure123