Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
74.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2022 at 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
H had a brief period today where he was in that place again where I just don't know how to deal with him... so I tried what C suggested on Tuesday afternoon, that I just ask him what he needs from me. He said there's nothing you can do. But, he opened up about how basically he's been facing his mortality lately in a more concrete way than he ever has before. Which led to me understanding a lot more why he's acting like he is. We talked about it a little and I think it was helpful for him to get it out, because after that he seemed to be feeling better about life in general and then when work called offering him the delivery he's out on now, he was back to happy, he loves driving and listening to music on these long distance ones.

That sounds like a good discussion with your H and that the approach you used from C worked.

Also, RIP to your laptop--10 years is an amazing run for one of those! I'm assuming you use a different one (or a desktop) for your job? Because I use mine for my freelance work, I can at least deduct a portion of the cost from our taxes.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal