View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Sep 25, 2022 at 11:46 AM

Thanks for posting this. I'm not doing what you're doing now. But a few months back I did. I drank mostly black tea with the occasional cup of coffee. I also wanted to get off of the caffeine wagon due to anxiety. But, also, I have tinnitus; and I thought it might help that (it didn't.) The black tea I was drinking also stained my teeth badly. So that was a consideration too.

I also withdrew from caffeinated beverages gradually, not wanting to go through the caffeine headache phase. I do still drink a bit of black tea & coffee now-&-again. But, when I have them, they're of the decaffeinated variety. And at least so far, I'm trying to minimize the amount of those I drink as well. The only concern I have at this point is winter's approaching. And I don't know if I'll be able to give up on decaffeinated tea entirely because part of the reason I drink it is it helps warm me during the cold winter months. We'll see I guess. I've tried substituting herbal teas. But, while I don't mind a cup once in a while, I can't make a steady diet, so to speak, of them. I am presently drinking some chamomile tea and that's not too bad.

Good luck with your own efforts!

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, nonightowl