Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,787 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2022 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Thanks, Artie! The woman, J, already reached out to say it was nice meeting me and that she was glad I got home safely, which I appreciated. Trying to figure out if there's a way to sort of navigate a friendship/acquaintance-ship without being weird?

What's interesting to me is that I met them in part due to Siri/Google Maps confusing me, which led to me missing the turn to the garage and having to take a big 10-minute loop around the city (there's a river in the middle, so I had to cross over that) to get back to it (while Siri kept telling me to do an illegal U-turn in the middle of a major road!). Which frustrated me and stressed me out--I'd never been to this particular city, so don't know my way around at all. But then it was like, "OK, maybe this happened for a reason."

It ties into what Dr. T was saying the other day regarding my losing one of my freelance accounts (through no fault of my own--account is leaving the company I work for). He said he had a client who lost his job, and he was really upset about it, then 3 months later, he found a job he liked more and that paid much better. And how he likely wouldn't have left the other job on his own, but getting laid off ultimately led to something positive. That he doesn't so much believe in some sort of divine intervention thing, but it's a case where something that seemed bad ended up turning out well in the end.

He was applying it to my job situation (I may be able to get more work from this company, or it could inspire to find something elsewhere, even full-time), but I'm thinking it could be a way of looking at life in general. (I'm really not sure what's going on with my somewhat more positive mindset lately, but I'll take it!)

I do think at times of how many things--good or bad--had to happen to get me to certain places. Had I not had such a bad experience at my second journalism job (very critical boss), I wouldn't have been looking for new work (or at least may have stayed in journalism) and wouldn't have ended up at the company where I met my H. And then, of course, D wouldn't have existed.

I'm more spiritual than religious, but it does help me to think that there is meaning behind things, especially the more negative ones. OK, I'll stop rambling now!

I think about all of that kinda stuff too... like, all of the things that had to align the way they did for my son to be in existence, and how I cannot imagine my life if I hadn't married h and brought him into the world... I think about it whenever I get upset with h - I can't ever really wish I'd never met him/married him because then I'd have never known the joy of knowing my son. I doubt anyone else would have taken me on back then (other than h) cuz I was a mess. Y'all think I'm a mess now, I was a real mess back then...

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight