Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2022 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I'm glad the home visits are helpful. Did she just talk to you this time rather than to your parents? I'm not sure how I'd feel about home visits. I'm sure Dr. T would be uncomfortable in the mess of my house, for one, but I guess it would be an incentive to clean up?
She greeted my parents and made short chit-chat with them. Maybe 3-5 minutes of chit chat.

Then while my parents sat in the living room, T and I sat in the dining room. Parents were watching TV but if they wanted to they could probably hear what we were talking about but that didn't really bother me.

My parents keep the house really clean so that isn't an issue. It might be an issue if we met in my room which is usually kind of messy. Plus there is mostly just the bed in there and a bunch of books and a bureau.

I do kind of like the home visits because it is nice to see her in person instead of just her head or part of her head on Zoom. (We are doing Zoom tonight though.) And she gets to see me interact more with what is in the room. I found that eye contact was harder and I was fidgety-maybe a bit nervous seeing her in person but it was still a good session.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
downandlonely