View Single Post
SushiNCorn

Member Since Sep 2022
30 hugs
given
Default Sep 28, 2022 at 02:05 PM

Your post resonated with me in so many ways.
Your situation sounds exactly like the one I went through 6-7 months ago. Me insisting that we go for counselling and him saying he didn't believe in it.
Me crying all day & all night, while he sat there expressionless... not a hint of sadness in his eyes, let alone a single tear.
I have also been the one earning much more than him consistently throughout our marriage.
I guess just a couple of differences between my situation & yours:
we were married for 10 years... seems so small when i read your 25.
I have moved out and I was the first one to take the step towards initiating the divorce. I just couldn't take the treatment anymore. It was almost like he wanted to keep me hanging while he pursued whatever it is that brought us here. I decided that I am not going to be somebody's back up plan
Of course, that being said, I still have exactly the same rollercoaster of emotions that you mentioned. One minute I am happy & relieved that this ended at the right time.. I am still in my 30s, have no kids, can think of starting over. And the next minute this sense of utter loneliness takes over all the other emotions.
Its a huge change in your life that you are going through and it is going to take time. Hang in there.. and if you ever need a listening ear, feel free to reach out.
Sending you love & prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolving1 View Post
New here and first post. I really just needed communication with people in my shoes so joined this forum.
OMG , what a rollercoaster of emotions since my husband left. I begged for counseling , we have 25 years together.
One minute I feel strong like his loss and the next I’m begging God to heal our marriage ??!?
I hate feeling unsure, feeling rejected, feeling sad.
I’m the breadwinner, thankfully I’m great financially but wonder…. Do I really want him back or am I feeling rejected and lonely….. I wasn’t completely happy- thought it would be better
SushiNCorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes, Trudy1