Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2022 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollercoasterLover View Post
I wrote letters to my ex (not to send, but to get my anger out). Whenever I felt him pulling at me, or I felt lonely, I would read those letters. It always stopped me cold in my tracks from believing his lies or from feeling sorry for myself.

Write about how mad/disappointed you are at yourself in addition to what he says and does. I'm sure you don't want to be in this situation again. Do everything you need to do to remind yourself when you feel weaker about why the stronger you needs to win the battle.

Also, I found an app that prevented me from rage texting my ex. It was actually an app to prevent drunk texting and social media posting, but it worked. Go as no contact as possible and stick only to 'business' communications about bills, house cleaning, etc.

I hope you find peace and move forward towards happiness.
Thanks so much.

And I need that app! lol. I've had a habit of drunk texting at times. Never a good idea!

No, I never want to be in this situation again. The stronger side of myself definitely wins.

I will write in my journal - everything. Maybe it will help.

~4 Non Blondes

Thanks for this!
downandlonely