View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,046 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2022 at 12:42 PM

Well today is the day. We are free of capacity restrictions, the mask mandate and vaccination passports. Masks are only required in healthcare facilities.

The new Health Minister didn't waste much time. She announced the changes only about a week after starting the job.

I am sure that with the former Minister, this would not have happened. She even wanted to make a 5th vaccine almost mandatory by keeping the passport in place and deactivating people's passes if they didn't get the dose within a certain amount of time, just like they did before with the 4th dose. Now, any further vaccinations will be optional. The idea seems to be to focus on people that are higher risk and doing an annual campaign to encourage these individuals to get a shot, similarly to what they do for the flu shot. From what I can tell, anyone can choose to get additional doses, but without the vaccine passport, there is more of a choice to do it or not.

My husband went to the supermarket and said there were still quite a few people wearing masks.

As far as people that didn't have a smartphone for the QR code, I know older individuals (65+ or 70+, I am not sure) were able to present their physical certificates. I am not sure about people under this age. Smartphones are ubiquitous here, so it would be a small segment of the population.

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, nonightowl