Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 02, 2022 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Thanks @divine1966. What you're saying makes perfect logical sense. However, inside I am sickened by the thought. Just sickened. I am very much all about justice, truth and fairness. I get very upset by injustices and lies, especially when they're directed at me.

I suppose I have to just know that his friends are NOT MY friends, and that my true friends all know the truth. And our mutual group of friends? I just don't know what to do.
I get it. Not everything could be just logical. Of course it’s upsetting.

But you are asking what to do. There’s absolutely nothing you can do. Yes injustice is unfair but there’s nothing one can do in regards to what other people are saying or doing. Unless it’s becoming a legal issue. You have no control

There’s nothing you can do about him talking to mutual friends. It’s out of your control. If they want to be busy bodies and meddle in other peoples marriages, you don’t need them as friends anyways. And they know you two had marital problems and separated before so I doubt they’d want to listen on who did what. Let them talk.

There’s only one thing you can do. Not marry or get into relationships with types of people who do smear campaigns. But that ship sailed. Focus on what you can do, not on what you cannot. If you had a good therapist (not the one you have) it would be a great topic to discuss.

I get it you are upset but try to stay reasonable. It’s out of your control what’s he saying and to whom

Thanks for this!
Have Hope