View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Oct 03, 2022 at 09:09 AM

Update: I filed a police report and my property manager sent the noisy neighbor from hell a written warning. The property manager asked myself and my building caretaker to update them if I see the tenant and his friends loitering in a car again in front of the building.

I also verified with my city's county website, that my neighbor's drinking in public is illegal on city streets (esp. on the hood of a car). I also learned that it's illegal to loiter in a car in front of a business or residence.

I sent video of the tenant's car to the property manager and gave it to police for the police report (they wrote down the car's year, make, and model and color). I'm certain he has a police record on him already for public nuisance. Now he has another police record which includes the car and his three friends (per the video I took).

It's been one week now, of peace and quiet. The neighbor from hell has not been loitering in front of our apt bldg or anywhere on the street. Also, he and his friends have not been whooping and hollering like they did before, for the past three weekends.

I doubt he's seen the police report (you aren't notified if someone files a report on you). But the written warning must have sufficed because he's already violated 2 county statutes for public nuisance (public drinking and public loitering).

He's also violated two lease conditions (the city and bldg noise ordiance of no noise past 10 pm, and creating a safe space for the other bldg tenants by being responsible -- yes that is a lease condition, pretty cool, I think).

He knows eviction is the final step if he and his friends get caught making a ruckus or being a public nuisance again. I'm ready with my cellphone camera and the other neighbors now know (I informed everyone). He has no allies now, in the apt bldg. Everyon hates him. Plus side: I haven't run into him in the hallways either. He's such a punk.

Thanks everyone for your advice and for sharing your own personal experiences. I feel so much better now that I took steps to ensure I can live in my apt bldg peacefully.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, MaverickLovesYou, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MaverickLovesYou, Open Eyes, unaluna