View Single Post
Anonymous32448

Default Oct 05, 2022 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
I have very rarely blocked members here, and most that I have I have eventually unblocked, because I try to forgive or the blocked member apologizes. However, I have noticed a case where a member was blocked and yet they bypassed the block by reading the "blocker's" posts (plural) and then responded by a method that ignored the blocking. Sometimes the stress or wound that causes a member to block is still raw and they need time. Or, they truly do need to keep a particular member blocked.

When one blocks a member, they should not continue to be contacted by that member, in any form. It can add stress or even feel like harassment, at the very worst. Generally this has never been an issue I have seen, but I have recently seen it. Imagine having a bully from school show up at your home front door? Actually, that happened to me when I was maybe 12 years old, and it was very distressing, as home is supposed to be a safe haven.

To the moderators and DocJohn, please tell me how this issue can be resolved? Please don't tell me they should suddenly be unblocked for a conversation with the blocked member. There are sometimes additional stressors in members' lives that make such conversations untimely or unfeasible.

I have seen members here complain about getting hugs or likes from a blocked member. I'm not personally picayune so much about that, but I understand those who are. However, beyond that? It can be too much.
i'm a bit confused by this now - how can a blocked member apologise to the member who has them blocked?

maybe this is a "willowtigger has no brain" thing, idk ......

Also, using the thanks or hug thing, maybe if the member that is on the block uses it, not realising that member has them blocked?

Hugs from:
Travelinglady