Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 05, 2022 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
I didn't get diagnosed with Sza until 16 years in. The first time I went because my husband said it was asking for help or get divorced. That ended with me manic and I stopped medication. Then I had a gp diagnosis me with bipolar 2 and sent me to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist wanted me to see a therapist and I refused.(DX mood disorder nos) then I moved.

The next I went to a clinic A that signed me up for therapy to get my medicine ( DX mood disorder nos, paranoid personality disorder) moved

clinic B (DX bipolar 1)
clinic C (DX bipolar 2 w psychosis)
Clinic B again ( scizoaffective bipolar type)

So it took me a long time. That's not saying I didn't get help from meds and therapy all those years but getting the right diagnosis helped tweek my medicine and therapy. If your wife is willing to go to therapy start there.
Thank you, @Miguel’smom for your input.
You are so right when pointing out that getting an accurate diagnosis is so important.
I think these hallucinations she related to paranormal activity must be create in her head. She dragged her husband to believe this stuff as real paranormal.
Last conversation I had with her was that she was going to look for help to a psychology. Let’s see if she does.

I’m happy you found relief in your diagnosis and also wish for you the same than for @SlumberKitty. All the luck in this world. 💖

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty