Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 05, 2022 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I was born in 1994

I remember hit clips, they were these little tiny portable things like the size of a tomagatchi pet electronic device that you could buy little tiny little plastic square CD things you could insert into it and it would play a single song, I had some by Britney Spears, *NSYNC , and the Backstreet Boys

How fun! I definitely remember tomagatchi pets because my son's kept dying, haha. It was horrible! My daughter's almost never died, but my son would announce to us that his pet had died again. I don't recall hit clips, though.

I remember tomagatchi pets, scholastic book fairs at school (my favorite), easy bake ovens, Nickelodeon cartoons, light brites, Pokémon (still a big fan and the Pokémon franchise is still going strong today!), furbies (those weird sometimes creepy little furry animatronic type toys), robo dogs, Mario, the legend of Zelda Ocarina of time on the Nintendo 64

Yep, I remember all of those, but mostly through my kids. Although I adored Light Brite when I was a child - I remember the purple lights were pretty and kind-of spooky. My daughter has a decent-sized collection of original Pokemon...somethings.

Mario - OMG. It came out when I was in high school and many dates we went on ended up in a pizza place with our date obsessively hung over the Mario game, while us girls sat there, bored to tears.

I also remember September 11th, 2001. I was only like 7 years old then, I remember being in school in the morning and the teachers putting the news on when it was happening '

What a dark, dark day. I was driving my son to middle school when we heard the news on the car radio. To me the US never regained its dignity and purpose after that terrible day. It's...weird.

I also remember schools having Halloween dress up days when I was a little kid. We’d also have a Halloween parade where we’d all dress up and walk through the neighborhood in our costumes. I distinctly remember dressing up as a tooth fairy on year. The costume was so adorable thinking back now. I wish I had pictures. I loved it. My mom also helped make wings for it.

I remember being in a Christmas parade as well

Aw, the tooth fairy costume must have been darling. What an original idea!

What else, I guess when the original iPods first came out before iPhones.

Oh, yes. iPods. Everywhere.

I also have vivid memories of learning violin because I took violin lessons at school when I was in 3rd grade till 7th or 8th grade

That's so nice. Interestingly, I also learned violin between 4rd and 7th grades. Do you know that the violin is considered by musicians to be the most difficult instrument to play?

I kind of miss the time before social media took over. I feel like I had less FOMO (fear of missing out) I felt more peaceful. I feel it’s good but at the same time a little overwhelming.

I agree. There's plenty of good about social media, but also too much stress, pressure, and sometimes hurt.

Thank you, Birdie, for your post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, Fuzzybear, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, downandlonely