View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,742 hugs
given
Default Oct 09, 2022 at 12:42 AM

@Soupe du jour

I forgot how the quote thing works and it's too late at night to try to figure it out. Sorry for the cut and paste.

BeyondtheRainbow, I'm glad your family finally got together to spread your dad's ashes. I know the relief, as my dad kept my mother's urn in his bedroom closet (seemed disrespectful) for some years before we finally did what your family did. It was a relief when we did. A good means of closure

Funny about the closet. That's so much (on the surface) more respectful than what I did. My father loved woodworking and I don't have much space here so he spent the last few years on my tool shelf. I know he would have liked that but it felt pretty weird to put him there. On the the other hand he never would have expected that we'd have anything to do with his death; we hadn't seen him in 20plus years until we saw him in the hospital before he died and that was for good reason. He left a letter about how he wanted things handled as far as cremation but I can't think he expected us to find it. But yeah, I kept him on a somewhat dusty shelf with a few power tools and hand tools. A closet is much better.

Hugs from:
bizi, Nammu, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour, ~Christina