Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
Default Oct 09, 2022 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare47 View Post
I've actually been to NYC a couple of times - the last time I was there, I was working for someone else, and didn't have much free time - but I did check out the American Museum of Natural History - that was in about 1994, I believe.

I also visited in 1986 or 1987 while I was on a break from school. That time I visited the United Nations building and the World Trade Center.

I've always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty - and it looks like I"ll be able to do it this time. I may also check out Freedom Tower and the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
The 9/11 Memorial is a must. So sad, but they really made it into something memorable and respectful. I was there during a bad portion of the pandemic and was virtually alone. That certainly made the experience unique.

My husband and I took our nephew to the top of the WTC only three weeks before the towers came down.

A bike ride through Central Park is also nice. They rent e-bikes all around it. Hubby and I rented a couple when there in April.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art, MOMA and the Gugenheim Museum are always great.

The Circle Line ferry circles all of Manhattan offering amazing views, if interested. That could be in addition to your visit to the Statue of Liberty.

Trivia Fact: The Statue of Liberty is the property of New York, but actually sits in New Jersey waters.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, MuseumGhost, shakespeare47