View Single Post
Sunflower123
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jan 2015
95k hugs
given
Default Oct 11, 2022 at 03:09 AM

I had a lovely first day in the mountains. I did make it to my spot and it was peaceful and serene. I fell asleep besides the stream inside my sleeping bag and woke to two visitors - deer. I wasn’t fast enough with my phone to get pics. In addition, I heard the bears checking out the trash last night. I’m used to that. That’s typical for this area.

I’ve had 2 long discussions with my DBT therapist now. She verified that I am highly motivated and determined to heal and improve myself and that I need to walk away at this time for my well being. It doesn’t mean we can never have a relationship - just not now. Interestingly, she noted it takes two people to be in a relationship - it’s rarely all on one and that the other person involved could use some therapeutic work herself. Today was the first day since this happened that I woke with the joy that I’m used to. I feel like Sunflower again.

I’m going to hike to Grotto Falls today and make the loop at Cades Cove. If I’m not worn out, I’ll go into town to have a bite and go to my favorite artist’s gallery.

Out to the hot tub now to view the stars and ponder life. I hope everybody has a peaceful day. Much love.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, Mountaindewed, Nammu, Soupe du jour, wildflowerchild25

Thanks for this!
bizi, downandlonely, Nammu, ~Christina