View Single Post
wildflowerchild25
Elder

Member Since Mar 2013
9,563 hugs
given
Default Oct 11, 2022 at 07:34 PM

Well the new pdoc isn’t going to work out. She asked if I had any trauma and I said yes. She then proceeded to lecture me that bipolar symptoms and PTSD symptoms overlap and I won’t know if I have bipolar unless I do EMDR therapy. That if I do I may be able to come off some of my meds. I think I know the damn difference between my trauma symptoms and bipolar symptoms thank you very much. I’ve had bipolar since before the trauma even happened. I was a mess when I was a teenager and I only managed to pull it together after I had ECT.

I don’t like it when new pdocs try to rediagnose you in the first session. You don’t even know me! I had another one once try to tell me I had borderline not bipolar in the first session. It makes me mad. Ugh I’m so mad my old pdoc is not available anymore.

So I’m stuck on the haldol for longer and everything is just going to get worse. She raised the propranolol that is supposed to control the tremors (which it does not). But she told me I have to monitor my blood pressure with that much so what, I’m supposed to buy a home blood pressure machine now? Ugh.

Well fine, if they want me to take all this **** I will so I can prove how bad it is.

That’s life. If nothing else, that is life. It’s real. Sometimes it
f—-ing hurts. But it’s sort of all we have.
-Garden State

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, downandlonely, Fuzzybear, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
~Christina