View Single Post
aaqil

Member Since Oct 2022
Default Oct 13, 2022 at 11:01 PM

I've been with my psychiatrist for almost 12 years. Medicines kept changing, but for the last five years, I've just been taking them and haven't seen him for a check-up because I'm tired of seeing him. He asked me to see a psychotherapist; I did so, but it didn't work out, so I stopped. My conditions were mainly anxiety and depression. It all started with some indigestion, restlessness, and after seeing many doctors, they just pushed me to see a psychiatrist, because all the body tests were coming back normal, So I visited many psychiatrists, but nothing made my condition better. Then this psychiatrist whom I am seeing from 12 years, his medicines worked and I started acting normal. But now I am fed up with these medicines. I am so dependent on them that I cannot stay a single day without them, and I want to quit because I think that they will harm my health in the long run. If I don't get sleep for 8-10 hours a day, I feel sick. I think it's because of these medicines, so I want to quit and want to spend a normal life without any dependency on any medicine.