View Single Post
BirdieChaser

Member Since Feb 2021
Default Oct 15, 2022 at 01:54 PM

I have been really struggling with this memory again the last few weeks since having a trigger. I was selling an elliptical I had bought to use during the worse of the Coronavirus Pandemic that I didn't need anymore and this woman came to my house to pick it up in an old Jeep Comanche Pickup Truck with her son who looked to be in his late teens and her daughter who looked to be in her early teens. When her son and daughter had the elliptical loaded in the back of her truck, she told them to get in the truck and the older boy got in and moved over to the middle seat and then the younger girl sat down by the window. The woman then spent forever asking me questions about the elliptical she had already purchased and talking about why she was buying it while her son and daughter waited in the truck for her. When she finally got done talking to me, she got in the truck and then she had a hard time getting it started before she finally got the truck to start and they left with the elliptical.

Since then, I have been struggling with the memory when I was 15 and riding between my mom in sister in the middle seat of our old truck again. I know in addition to the trigger I have been feeling lots of stress over things like inflation/the economy/the war in Ukraine/the hurricane in Florida/the political unrest. I think all of these things are making the old memory stay in the front of my mind and I know I always struggle with it more when I am dealing with issues.

I am hoping some other uses can provide suggestions for (1) dealing with this memory better when there are lots of issues going on in my life and (2) doing a better job of dealing with and ignoring triggers such as the one I had when the woman came to pick up my old elliptical.

Last edited by BirdieChaser; Oct 15, 2022 at 02:07 PM..
BirdieChaser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote