View Single Post
BirdieChaser

Member Since Feb 2021
Default Oct 17, 2022 at 09:08 PM

@Beth, an Elliptical is a type of Cardio exercise machine. It is similar to a treadmill, but also works your upper body when you walk/jog/run on it. I prefer it to a treadmill because I think they provide a better full body workout. I bought one in fall of 2020 so I could get an indoor cardio workout during the winter since the gym I go to was closed and then decided to sell it since I am now back at the gym and it was just taking up space and colleting dust.

I think the woman coming to pick-up the elliptical may have triggered the memory from my teens because I felt she was wasting my time like my mom did in the memory. I was planning to meet-up with friends to watch some football the afternoon they came to pick up my elliptical but was delayed meeting with them due to the woman picking up my elliptical. First she was late getting to my house to pick it up; then after her son and daughter got it loaded in her truck she kept asking me questions about the best workouts to do to get maximum weight loss and talking about how she was buying it so she and her daughter can lose some weight while being oblivious that I was trying to end the conversation and that her son and daughter were waiting in the truck cab for her; and then while she was trying to get the truck stated because she was blocking me in my driveway and I didn't want to leave them at my house. I think I had similar feelings during this that I had when I was in the middle of our truck that day when I was 15.

Also... thanks for the suggestion of writing the memory down @Beth. Once I get it all written down I may either share it in this thread or in a new thread. I have not spoken with a therapist about this memory, but may consider looking into working with one if I keep having trouble with it. I appreciate your letting me know that it has worked well for you.
BirdieChaser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote