Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2022 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseumGhost View Post
My mother had unpredictable bursts of anger, which you could never see coming (until I was a slightly more experienced teenager; and then, I found every excuse to get out of the house, as soon as my chores were done, as much as possible).

In my experience, I think this led to a fairly large mistrust of other women-in-general type of issue. It made me pretty strong, but I was also very isolated. And I remain very, very selective about who I allowed to get close to me, as friends. If I catch the first whiff of a superiority complex, or gossipy, twofaced nastiness, I'm outta there. Those are the weapons of small minds, and we underestimate them at our peril.
I'm also very selective about who I allow to get close to me. I can't stand people who are fond of labelling others in demeaning and inaccurate ways (full of assumptions and Narcissistic tendencies) and who seem to lack an ability to self reflect. My mother was that way.

I am also absolutely NOT a fan of those women who have a Superiority Complex and gossipy, two faced nastiness. I totally agree, they are the weapons of SMALL minds. Well put. My mother was very similar, a covert Narcissist and I was ''all bad'' and ''the source of all her pain'' in her disordered mind

Apparently, the abusive Paternal Unit who called her a ''pack horse'' and married a sociopath when I was 8 and was a pathological liar..... was not even part of the cause of her pain and lack of appreciation or respect for me...yeah right.

Writing this has me a bit angry and I will refrain from editing it as I am not ''just a very quiet person''

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, downandlonely, Open Eyes, unaluna