View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
142 hugs
given
Default Oct 21, 2022 at 01:42 PM

Yesterday I had a mental breakdown at work - short-lived, but nonetheless... There are some factors at work that have been stressful, and yesterday during a meeting something was said that made me feel defeated.

I discovered that my soon to be ex-husband has, naturally, been communicating with his family. Which is understandable. However, the information that he keeps sharing with them is biased, and I can tell from their responses that I was never really accepted nor respected by them.

He wants to look like the good guy in front of his family and everyone else on the outside. Of course, this translates in that what I say or do at home, because no one else sees it, must be my fault because he is a stellar guy.

My ex-mother in law (first divorce) wanted to stay in touch with me. She was always so kind. I knew her for almost 15 years. I cannot be that bad after all.

I guess I shouldn't care what my soon to be ex-husband is telling his family about me - but it is what it has always been. Never respected me nor my accomplishments. People in his family who don't even know me (people who have not even made an effort to engage me in conversation, despite my efforts) have indicated that I am not being truthful.

It shouldn't bother me because in the end they won't be a part of my life. But the fact that I am now seeing the true colors of them and what they really think of me... It all makes sense that no one wanted to get close. His brother called me a liar. His brother has never had a single conversation with me! His brother has never seen us interact. I should be glad that I am disassociating myself from such individuals.

During my first divorce, my family members were a bit more objective with me in my observations.

I am thinking that, in the end, filing for divorce was the right choice. Although I wanted to share my life with someone, after this experience, I am surely going to be much careful in a partner choice/selection when/if the opportunity arises.
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes