View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
142 hugs
given
Default Oct 21, 2022 at 04:39 PM

"Relationships are most definitely a challenge."
I agree with you that some relationships are more challenging than others; some are effortless and some are so hard that it may be best to move on.

"There is an increase on determining the other person must be a narcissist when instead they may be wired in such a way that they simply don’t see things or as in the article mirror properly."
I've been watching many YouTube videos from reliable sources about this topic. Narcissists are wired a certain way. Yes, some people are who they are and that is it. I have explained myself to my soon to be ex-husband so many times and either he doesn't get it or is a religious narcissist. I write this because I am never good enough because I do not think about christianity in the same manner as he does. But, if only I did... I would be saved and everything would be ok. There is no reciprocity in tolerance. I just watched these 2 videos:
Toxic people, religion, and spirituality (subtitulos en espanol) - YouTube
How Religious Narcissists Will Gaslight You - YouTube

This describes many of our interactions. He always wants to switch the conversation to christianity and I have to see things his way or else. Same with his family. I can tell from all the emails. They are going back and forth with all these bible sayings - and insulting me. I (naively) thought that by being with a religious man that there would be more empathy and a good relationship - and I was wrong in this case.

"A lot of people like to claim abuse, when instead there are times when a person is just wired a certain way and you can’t expect them to be more than they are."
Yup. Like Dr. Ramani said in another video, the weather in Chicago never changes. It does not mean, though, that because they are wired a certain way that what they have done is excusable or ok.

I appreciate your point of view. These are the types of things they ought to teach in school. Ah! The school of life... it can be brutal.
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes