Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,644 hugs
given
Default Oct 27, 2022 at 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastana View Post
100% facts, Have Hope. I too am recently divorced after 8 years of an emotional abuse roller coaster. It hurt, it was hard, but damn does it feel good to be away from it. It was hard to see that I was getting abused when I was getting blamed for everything. there was a time I thought it was me, it was not me, at all. But it was MY choice to get out before it kept getting worse, nothing was going to improve when he(to this day) believes he had no idea what he was doing. Yeah Right...
Now it's just me I have to work on. No more working on a disaster of a relationship. No more sleepless nights worrying about when the next blowout will be, nothing. Just me time. I hope you find peace. If anything, there is a sense of inner strength and peace you may feel once you make the decision to be on your own. It's very freeing.
Yes, I do already feel a sense of freedom & I can feel some amount of inner peace because he no longer lives with me, but he is still in the process of moving out, and we have to have contact which means he is also still abusing me.

Right now, he's being all nice to me because he probably wants something from me, but like you said, I don't know when the next blowout will come and it's making me very much on edge. Last Sunday, he chose to pick a fight with me and insult me through the process. I am sick of it. I just want it to end already.

OP, very sorry for hijacking your thread. But i's cathartic to let this all out.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shakespeare47