Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2022 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
@sunnylowkey, have a wonderful time!

I've never been to Madrid, but have visited Paris, Barcelona, and Lisbon. All great cities! Paris and Lisbon have a special place in my heart.

I had been to Paris a few times before, but the last time I went was during the height of the covid pandemic. I finally went to the Louvre. It was a unique experience seeing that wonderful museum. Almost no one was there because of the pandemic. At one point, my husband and I were the only people in the room that had Da Vinci's painting of the Mona Lisa, and even other rooms. I imagine the museum will be crowded when you go. Maybe consider buying the tickets online, ahead of time, to avoid long lines.

My favorite thing in Barcelona was the Joan Miro museum/foundation. I love Miro's art (own two prints), plus it is located on a high hill with a spectacular view of the sea and a lovely large park around it. If interested, see Joan Miro Collection | Fundacio Joan Miro We had to take a taxi to/from there. Again, good to book tickets ahead of time.
I was the most impressed with Rodin museum in Paris. It’s literally in his house where he lived. You walk in and here they are. His sculptures. I was out of breath. I couldn’t even believe it. I’ve seen his sculptures before in other settings but seeing it in his house and his garden… I can’t describe. Big museums are overwhelming but it was small as it’s in a residential house so not overwhelming and not exhausting. I again saw Rodins exhibit in London in 2021 right when they opened borders. Again breathtaking. I can’t wrap my mind around sculpting. How one can do it…

I’ve not been in Spain or Portugal but maybe some day….
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, shakespeare47, Soupe du jour