View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
Default Oct 29, 2022 at 10:15 AM

My first visit to a psychologist was a great relief because I understood I was not alone and I wasn’t do rare as I thought since a person was able to understand me and saw there are other people with similar problems to me.

Now, said that, validation (always understood with that wide meaning from a psychological point of view- I have to make this clear, because there’s another more common meaning that we all know and that is a little different), well, as I said, sometimes validation itself falls short in what a support regards. It has been mentioned before some of these cases, but again, as I stated in one of my first posts, you need to know the person or at least all the circumstances the person are within.
Sometimes, a person talks too much online that you can connect the dots and you know.

Personally, I have received validation from many people but I’ve also received an ears pull and they have been both very useful. What I wanted? Validation. What was best for me at that moment? Maybe the last one.

If you are in denial, if you are constantly playing the victim role, looking for excuses, or even being deceitful. You are not gonna find validation on my part. No way.

I wonder why a person asks for validation in the first place. It seems to me that this is something you expect to get but why asking for?

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote