Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2022 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I was the most impressed with Rodin museum in Paris. It’s literally in his house where he lived. You walk in and here they are. His sculptures. I was out of breath. I couldn’t even believe it. I’ve seen his sculptures before in other settings but seeing it in his house and his garden… I can’t describe. Big museums are overwhelming but it was small as it’s in a residential house so not overwhelming and not exhausting. I again saw Rodins exhibit in London in 2021 right when they opened borders. Again breathtaking. I can’t wrap my mind around sculpting. How one can do it…

I’ve not been in Spain or Portugal but maybe some day….
I had a somewhat similar feeling when I visited one of Beethoven's houses, in a quiet part of Vienna. It was a spot that made me "feel him" and what he most loved about the place. I nearly cried. It was set up as a museum, but not so much that it didn't feel like a home. This was in stark contrast to the more frequented Mozart apartment downtown. I was quite disappointed in the Mozart museum's contents. Both were visited during the pandemic, so nearly empty. One must be a major league classical music fan to appreciate these.

I've seen Rodin's art in museums (Philadelphia has an excellent one) but never his house. Will keep that in mind for the future. Thanks!

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, shakespeare47