View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,171 hugs
given
Default Oct 29, 2022 at 09:52 PM

I applied for SSDI in late 2017 and was approved immediately (I had an attorney but he did not in any way participate: the decision was instant).

My diagnosis is Bipolar I with Psychotic features. I have had 3 sui attempts in history. The latest was in early 2017.

In 2018 I went on Zyprexa and it worked for me for a while and I was able to work.

In 2019 my SSDI ended.

Zyprexa later caused unbearable side effects and I had to go off of it. I am now on Latuda and Thorazine. I feel depressed, am unable to work, am on an approved leave of absence from work. My condition is exacerbated by sleep apnea which I developed after I went off of SSDI. I am now reading online that sleep apnea is not considered a disability by the social security administration. The thing is, I need exorbitant amount of sleep to feel functional and I cannot report to work on time. In addition to being depressed, I now have high anxiety.

I am writing to see if anybody has been in this situation: first, approved for SSDI, then off of it and thinking you would never need it, but then a relapse and possibly an added diagnosis. Is it possible to get back on SSDI after a period of working?

Thank you!
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, nonightowl, unaluna, Yaowen