View Single Post
DoroMona

Member Since Feb 2018
44 hugs
given
Default Nov 07, 2022 at 04:23 PM

Sorry you're going through this FuzzyBear. I've been posting about issues I've been having with a colleague. In the context of your post, he has power over me (he used to be my boss, now maybe he's just a colleague but he's still 30 years older than me and I defer to many of his decisions and opinions) and I feel he recently betrayed my trust. As a result, I've been angry for several months. What I want to add is that I also know it was unintentional, that he's actually a really nice person, that he's been my friend for years, that conflicts sometimes happen between people even though no one is wanting to be hurtful or destroy the relationship. In the context of my situation, my colleague is definitely on the autism spectrum, is off his ADHD drugs, is dealing with a wife who is going through a major bipolar episode, and in general has always been a chaotic person who can't plan and creates chaos in the group.

So what I'm trying to say I guess is that there are people who are just bad people and don't value others or abuse those they have power over, and yes I guess these people need or enjoy the feeling they get from tampering with others. But I think there are also other people who weren't necessarily trying to damage anyone--they were either not thinking, or didn't realize what the consequences would be (for themselves and others), etc. I'm not saying they're good people or that they should get a pass because the damage they caused was unintentional. I just think it's not productive to imagine the world as a place full of evil people. I think the world is actually just full of stupid/careless people...or something...

"Never ascribe to malice what can be explained away by stupidity."

Of course, I don't know the real context of your post. There will be doctors, teachers, parents, etc. all kinds of people we count on to help us in life, and when they drop the ball for whatever reason, the consequences can be devastating...
DoroMona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, MengchiChang, MuddyBoots, Open Eyes